HSE Compliance Officer - Gladstone QLD
Due to an increase in successful contracts, an opportunity is now available for a highly organised, focused, motivated and enthusiastic individual to fill the role of HSE Compliance Officer.
As the Safety Compliance Officer you will be working within a highly skilled and well established team of construction personnel. Reporting directly to the Business Service Manager you will be responsible for assisting in the day to day implementation of the McCosker Contracting HSE system.
The candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Undertake HSE duties consistent with the requirements of health and safety environment system
- Maintain a function line of reporting to the manager with regard to HSE matters
- Assist in the maintenance and project document filing
- Identify work activities which have the potential for significant impact on the environment and ensure they are planned and executed to minimise risk
- Undertake workplace inspections and report on health safety environment performance
To be successful in this role you will have as a minimum:
- Minimum 3-5 years proven experience within HSE capacity in construction field
- Have exposure to major earthworks, heavy civil, bridges, road, rail and mine projects in Australia
- Diploma / Certificate in workplace health and safety
- Diploma / Certificate in environmental management
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to provide clear documentation and reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel and MS Project;
- Experience in construction administrative processes and procedures;
At McCosker we recognise that our most important assets are the people we employ. A core workforce is retained by McCosker to maintain the reliability and skill levels associated with our industry and past projects. These personnel add experience, expertise and value to our projects. We also recognize the benefit of local people on our projects and always attempt to attract local employees where possible.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.