Civil Site & Project Engineers
Due to an increase in successful contracts, an opportunity is now available for 2 highly organised, focused, motivated and enthusiastic individuals to fill the role of Site and Project Engineers.
As a Site or Project Engineer you will be working within a highly skilled and well established team of construction personnel. Reporting directly to the Project Manager and Operations Manager you will be responsible to complete the project works whilst achieving the project margin, maintaining efficient use of labour and plant resources, encouraging a safe working environment, ensuring all quality and specification requirements are met, all works are completed within time restraints and endeavoring to achieve total client satisfaction.
The candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Selection of plant and labour, survey requirements, purchasing of all materials, hired equipment
- Assist in the management of field staff and operations
Manage financials and maintain administration
- Project forecasting, project's cash flow, variations, claims, progress claims, administration procedures
- Effective implementation of budget and cost control systems
- Complete daily records, insurance matters, tax rebates, office procedures, documentation control, and client correspondence
- Help to estimate costs, prepare specifications for materials and carry out surveying and drafting
- Review and acceptance of client programs
- Implementation and facilitation of agreed program
- Selection, documentation and administration of subcontractors, agreement of S/C payments, effective supervision.
- Ensure contractual obligations are met
- Maintaining senior management's knowledge of key issues, accurate and timely monthly reporting. Open communication with all senior staff as required
- Timely submission of all weekly and monthly reports required
- Assist in the completion of progress claims and reports
Facilitate and maintain safety
- Development and implementation of safety plan, establishment of emergency procedures, housekeeping, site security, accident investigations, reporting requirements
- Ongoing development of JSEA's and operating procedures
- Assist in the coordination of Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance requirements
To be successful in this role you will have as a minimum:
- 5+ years Civil engineering experience
- Experience in design and construction projects
- Knowledge of the Civil Construction industry and current projects
- MS Excel (Intermediate - Advanced).
- MS Word (Intermediate - Advanced).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Commercial understanding
- Self motivated
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Able to identify, analyse and solve technical problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Capable of accurate, detailed work
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Leadership and personnel management skills
- Desire to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Actively complies with workplace health and safety policies
At McCosker we recognise that our most important assets are the people we employ. A core workforce is retained by McCosker to maintain the reliability and skill levels associated with our industry and past projects. These personnel add experience, expertise and value to our projects. We also recognize the benefit of local people on our projects and always attempt to attract local employees where possible.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.